We stayed in the one bedroom Royal courtyard pool villa for 4 days, 3 nights. If I can sum up the reason for choosing Samaya, I will say
- Location – i.e. Seminyak (it’s important to decide on the location, based on what your planned activities are. Don’t just look at the hotel – it can take some time to get from one part of the island to another because of heavy traffic in some areas)
- Beachfront – mainly for the kids if they want to play sand etc. so this was a must-have for me.
- Accommodation Type – one bedroom pool villa. Bali has so many of these – I would regret if I don’t try it.
- Restaurant (room service) – yeah there will be days (turned out many days) that you will feel like I want to eat in. So you want a place that can whip up good food and send to you in a jiffy
- Spa – I do not want to have to venture out for a spa treatment especially if I need to do it at specific hours – before they close or very early morning (as usual these are the only slots I can get some ‘me’ time in such a short trip)
- Reviews – Samaya ranked in top 20 of hotels in Seminyak (no 12 as at Sept 2019).
We got complimentary transfers to/from the airport. That is always bonus. We were welcomed with beautiful flower wreaths, and of course welcome drinks. The kids and I got super excited by then to check in into our rooms. We didn’t get the beachside pool villas as they were fully booked. The Royal courtyard villas were bigger though, but they are located across the road from the main hotel block. It was ok because, they got a buggy to drop us at the villa. The kids simply love the buggy rides and look forward to them every single time.
The villa comes with a few perks. A few of them are:-
- Daily breakfast served anywhere (you can choose to have it at the main block Breeze restaurant) or you can have it in the villa itself (we did both)
- Complimentary afternoon tea
- 24 hours butler service
- Free minibar
On top of that we also had free laundry. Anyway the package was excellent – really happy with what we got. We asked for additional beds to be setup in the room. As the room was quite big, it was still quite comfortable.
Spacious room – a lot of space for a King size bed, a small sofa set and coffee table, a study at the side, and can easily accommodate additional beds. The bathroom is huge and gorgeous – the jacuzzi is a nice touch.
The garden + pool
The garden is huge, and comes with a spacious gazebo where you can have a nice meal. The villa is very private – you will feel like you are in your own world. The pool is also big – BUT.. and it’s a BIG BUT – the pool is too deep for the most part. We didn’t feel it was that safe for the kids. I believe the depth is between 1.5m to 1.6m easily. Ideally it should be 1.4m max. Luckily there is a small part of the pool just before the steps that is shallow. So – the kids played there most of the time. Honestly I liked everything about Samaya – except the Villa pool, and that kind of spoil it a bit for me. Note to self – next time – check the pool depth before booking.
We ate at the hotel for most part – alternating between the hotel’s famous restaurant – Breeze and just private dining at the villa. Breakfast was part of the package and was simply wow! Our seaside dinner at Breeze was a wonderful experience – such a beautiful and romantic setting. Also – on the food, Samaya offers halal menu – so that is always a big ‘plus’ in my book.
There are 2 main pools – one in the main block and one in the Royal courtyard area (with kids pools). Very well maintained, and not busy at all as most people prefer the privacy of the pools in their villas.
The hotel’s restaurant, Breeze is by the sea and gives you a gorgeous view as you dine, whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner. During dinner, you will be entertained by the sounds of the waves crashing onto the beach. It’s all quite romantic.
Then of course there is the beach. Everything at Samaya is simply beautiful.
I managed to squeeze in a spa appointment after dinner. The ambience was nice. The service was great. I was their last guest – but I didn’t feel rushed. I got a one hour Balinese massage which was very relaxing, and I loved their selection of oils.
My only issue was the opening hours. They open from 9 am to 9 pm. So if you want to go for the full blown few hours pampering session – well you probably have to do it during the day. That will be quite challenging for a Mum like me to get away for a few hours during the day. Especially when day time is already jam packed with activities and managing the kids….
But one hour is better than nothing.
Beautiful Resort with Excellent Service
The resort is simply gorgeous. Everything is great, facilities, food, and the people. Service was excellent. I had only one issue which was a big issue for me – which is the pool depth in the villa. It was too deep even for me, (I am not a great swimmer). Anyway – if you have no issues with the private pool, then I’d say Samaya is pretty perfect for that special Bali getaway.
Check out my post on Bali – Things To Do here.